Private Havana: Old Havana Walking Tour
3 hr, 30 min
This Havana tour won’t just show you the best of Old Havana, it’ll show you the best of Old Havana from a local perspective. Our local English speaking guide will take you through the labyrinth of streets of one of the oldest cities in the Western Hemisphere, where you’ll discover the enchanting secrets of this living museum where residents live amongst the unique charm and haunting decay of buildings dating as far back as the...
This Havana tour won’t just show you the best of Old Havana, it’ll show you the best of Old Havana from a local perspective. Our local English speaking guide will take you through the labyrinth of streets of one of the oldest cities in the Western Hemisphere, where you’ll discover the enchanting secrets of this living museum where residents live amongst the unique charm and haunting decay of buildings dating as far back as the 16th century. Havana is the largest city in the Caribbean and was designated a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1982. Restoration is occurring slowly, so while many of the main buildings are excellently restored to their original glory, others have taken on their own look by being left to age naturally, virtually neglected since the Revolution triumphed more than 50 years ago. This Old Havana walking tour works its way through an old part of Central Havana and then through to the heart of Old Havana. Along the way, you’ll get to take in some of the city’s most iconic sights, such as Art Museum, Calle Obispo, Plaza de Armas, Plaza de la Catedral, Plaza San Francisco de Asis, Plaza Vieja, and Hotel Ambos Mundos. You’ll finish the tour with a delicious local Havana lunch in a café or restaurant and a refreshing cool drink in one of Old Havana’s most famous watering holes. (If you’d prefer to travel as part of a regular group experience, please book our Old Havana Walking Tour) This tour is priced for a minimum group size of two travellers. A solo traveller may still book this private experience but will be charged the base rate for two travellers.
- Experience the best of old havana’s iconic sights like the famous plaza san francisco, plaza de la catedral, plaza de armas, & plaza vieja
- Explore old havana like locals live it every day
- Enjoy a refreshing drink at one of old havana’s most famous watering holes
- Savour a delicious and authentic local lunch at a great, hidden spot
- local impact: how you will help the local community by joining this tour:
- This tour helps promote local cultural heritage as you'll be exploring old havana, which is a unesco world heritage site.
- This tour also financially supports local, private businesses (versus state-owned), which is so important in cuba. supporting private businesses is a way to boost the local economy and keep money in the hands of hard-working locals. your guide will also show the contrast between private and state-owned businesses for further context.
- Your tour ends at a local, private restaurant where money spent is directly supporting the owners of the business and workers who are mostly young people who live in the community.
La Gargola Guesthouse, 82 Calle Cuba, first floor (between Cuarteles and Chacon streets)
You can cancel for a full refund up to 72 hours before the start of your experience. If you do not show up for the experience or fail to cancel at least 72 hours in advance, you will not receive a refund.