Made In Kyoto Shopping Tour: Tastes of Tea and Sake
3 hr, 30 min
- Discover the different blends of japanese green tea and indulge yourself with a tasting in a 300-year old tea room
- Shop for beautifully handcrafted wagashi sweets at a traditional confectionary shop
- Visit a sake brewery and taste our favourite varieties
- Take the train to the most romantic and iconic area of the city, miyagawa-cho
- Meet one of the oldest woodblock printers in the city and pick up a beautifully unusual and authentic souvenir to take home
- Local impact: how you taking this tour will benefit the local community:
- all the stores we visit are 100% locally owned and run, so any inclusions on the tour and additional purchases you make will directly benefit the local community.
- At least one store on our itinerary is dedicated to the preservation of locally-produced crafts
- Supporting locally-run businesses, such as the woodblock printer, helps to preserve traditional crafts for the next generation.
- You will pick up some responsible travel tips that will help you to be a greener traveller while you’re in the city
The Sake tasting is part of the tour, however it is not suitable for visitors who will be driving a vehicle and minors (a minor in Japan is anyone under the age of 20).
Please present this voucher to your guide at the beginning of your tour. Save this email on your phone or tablet, or print a copy, as you will need to show this to join the trip.View Less